Verto HR Ltd (company number 08508187) is registered in England & Wales with a registered office at 1, The Barn, Oldwick, Chichester, PO18 9AA . "Verto HR Ltd", "we", "us" or "our", is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We aim to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us, or which we collect, via our website, through written correspondence (including e-mail), conversations or meetings with our consultants, is only used for the purposes set out in this policy. For the purpose of the GDPR and other Data Protection Legislation, the data controller is Verto HR Ltd Ltd in respect of any Personal Information that you provide to use or that we otherwise obtain about you.
What We Collect
We will collect personal data from you relevant to the nature of our business. This will include:
• Your personal details: including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your Curriculum Vitae.
• Any sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions.
• Details of your CV electronically. This may be through a direct application on our website or through a third-party application job board.
• Other relevant personal information will be gathered about you during the course of our relationship with you. This information may be obtained from you directly or from third parties, such as organisations to who have access to your CV or those who have engaged with you as part of a job application e.g. referees.
How We Will Use It
For the purposes of legitimate business we will hold, use and disclose your personal information within the company and to relevant parties so that we can:
• Provide our services to you;
• To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
• Enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts.
• Match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
• Retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities other than the specific role for which you have contacted us;
• Update you with marketing products and services, news, industry updates, events, promotions, reports and other information we feel is relevant to you. Before we do so, you will be given an option to opt-out of such communications and an option to unsubscribe will also be provided with each communication;
• To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
• To provide further services to you by sharing your personal information with other companies within our Group of companies, namely our sister company, PMR Ltd, as well as trusted third parties (see below)
• We will not disclose any of your personal information to any company outside the EU, or to any third parties not relevant to our legitaimate business needs except to prevent fraud or if required to do so by any law enforcement agencies, or regulatory agencies.
Who We Share It With
In certain circumstances we will share your personal information with other parties. Details of those parties are set out below along with the reasons for sharing it.
Where you are registered as a candidate on our database, we will share your personal information with other companies within our group, namely Verto HR, for the sole purpose of providing you with a suitable job role and to meet the requirements of our clients.
Within Verto HR Ltd and PMR Ltd,
• To provide you with recruitment services;
• For business development;
• For systems development and testing;
• For development and marketing of other products and services;
• To improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you; and/or
• To tailor our website and the websites of other companies in our Group when you log on to make them relevant to you personally.
• We disclose your personal information to clients who have vacancies for jobs in which you are interested in order to place you in a suitable job role.
Trusted Third Parties
When necessary we may share your personal information with, and obtain information about you, (including sensitive personal information) from trusted third parties we use in order to provide us with services that you or our clients have requested, including:
• Employment reference checking;
• Qualification checking;
• Criminal reference checking (as required);
• Verification of details you have provided from third party sources; and/or
• Psychometric evaluations or skills tests.
Regulatory and Law Enforcement Agencies
• As already stated, if permitted under GDPR and other laws, we receive a request from a regulatory body, law enforcement agency or the government; we may disclose certain personal information to co-operate with any investigations in order to comply with our obligations and rights.
How Long We Will Hold Your Information
The length of time we hold or store your personal information will depend on the services we carry out for you and for how long you require these. We often support candidates with placements over a period of years, and potentially throughout their entire careers. For this purpose candidate data is held for an ongoing purpose.
We conduct regular data-cleansing within the company and updating exercises with our candidates to ensure that (a) the data that we hold is accurate and (b) we are not holding data for too long.
Our standard terms of business state that we will hold candidate information for a period of up to 6 years to comply with our businesses needs, legal rights and obligations.
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon to process personal information of clients and candidates are the following:
Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract – to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests - either we, or a third party, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our (or a third party's) legitimate interests, provided we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website and customer experience, informing you about our products and services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a required way.
Under the data Protection act and new GDPR guidelines, you have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information about you that we hold. We can refuse your request for a copy of your personal information, or particular elements of the request, under certain rules of GDPR. If we refuse your request or any element of it, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, you have a right to have the data rectified, updated or completed. You can let us know by contacting us using any of the methods in the Contact section below.
You have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased. If you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the information because of the original purpose it was collected or processed. Or if our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information by contacting us using any of the methods in the Contact section below. For example, if we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests. You also have the right to object to use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (see below).
You may also have the right to restrict our use of your personal information, such for example in circumstances you have challenged the accuracy of the information and during the period where we are verifying its accuracy.
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us using any of the methods in the Contact section below.
Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights.
As part of Verto’s services to our job seekers, once you become one of our candidates on file we will send you regular job alerts via email and or text.
• To subscribe to our job alerts, you will be required to provide your name and e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and to provide you with industry news or other information related to our services.
• Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, unsubscribe links are provided in every job alert email that you receive.
• Job alerts emails are sent by PMR Ltd and VERTO HR Ltd.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint regarding the handling of personal data, please contact us at email@example.com, or write to us at: Data Controller, Verto HR Ltd, Suite 325, 50 Eastcastle Street, London, W1U 8EA.
If you have any enquires or would like to contact us us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: Data Controller, Verto HR Ltd, Suite 325, 50 Eastcastle Street, London, W1U 8EA.
Verto HR Ltd